Monday, July 20, 2009

shadow

am i invisible? do people just look on through me without recognizing that i am even there? the pain of abandonment reverberates within. it is pointless to struggle, this feeling remains. i can't eat. i can't sleep. breathing is a test when i go unnoticed by you. you, of all people, when you know who i really am. you have caught hold of my shadow and pulled me into the light. you have let the sun illuminate my fragile outline. but now you forsake me, you throw me away. i must have been nothing to you, a cheap thrill.  darkness clouds my dimming eyes. i am passing through to shadow. i will rise again from the ashes. i will have my revenge for this lack of love. as i fade my image ultimately disappears. i am no longer invisible. i have triumphed over life.

No comments: