Monday, February 20, 2012

blog worthy



so, I normally don't blog, since it is such a pain in the neck to do from my phone. I have made an exception today, because I am so excited. I have been trying to eat more primal for 5 days now. Considering my chocolate chip cookie addiction, this hasn't been easy. A friend of mine asked me to make some paleo banana carrot muffins. I agreed, but found that almond meal costs upwards of $13 per bag. I am trying to stick with my Dave Ramsey budget, so I decided to buy almonds in bulk from Costco and make my own almond flour. I came across a web page that shows how to make almond milk and almond meal from the same batch of almonds. I am drying the meal in the over right now. I got 71/2 cups of almond milk out of this batch. I feel so thrifty, so accomplished. Good things!

No comments: