Thursday, February 17, 2011

February

Anna and I have made some progress in the home school department. We are somewhat settled now. We had a fantastic time at the Valentine' s Party with the home school group from the church. What a neat group of ladies! The kids are so vivacious. I'm not sure if I feel more exhilarated or exhausted after a time around them. They are delightful.
Anna was so excited to have a party, since that was the one thing she was going to miss about school, which she adamantly pointed out before she was even withdrawn.
In other news, I am drowning in my college algebra work. It is so easy to forget what you learn when you are only there once a week. It is like I get it while I am there, but by Friday evening, I am clueless. This is slightly concerning with my first big test tomorrow. I know that I always feel like I am going to fail, but that feeling is amplified when I feel like I am not retaining anything.
If I have to I will drop the class. I don't really want to, because I am not confident that I can commit to a flex class. It is a stretch to do any school for myself while homeschooling and parenting an infant. I don't want to miss this precious time with Elijah. I also don't want to be put in a position to repay my financial aid. Life is full of choices.
We are almost done with the girl scout cookie fiasco. Monies are due this weekend, which will be a relief. It is really hard for me to motivate myself to get out there and deliver the product. I am not sure why. They have already purchased what they want, so I don't think it is a rejection issue. I just don't necessarily want to be face to face with strangers. That, and the fact that there always seems to be so much to do.
Speaking of which, I was able to clean my bathroom and my sheets today. I also got a load of diapers washed and hung out to dry, and another batch of diapers brought off the line and put away. All this on top of school. I felt so productive, which feels pretty epic, actually.
I also did a workout called Van Gogh's Ear. I love, love, LOVE Van Gogh, so when I came across this workout, naturally, I wanted to do it. The hitch: you have to do double unders with the jump rope. I cannot jump rope. My bladder doesn't work that way. So, I modified it a little. My version of Van Gogh's Ear: 2 min each- pull ups, air squats, burpees. 1 min rest. 90 sec each pull ups, air squats, burpees. 1 min rest. 60 sec each pull ups, air squats, burpees. I know, it doesn't sound like much, but I challenge you to try it. It works! My mom and Anna watched me and laughed at all the funny positions and faces I produced.
That's a big information dump. Feels good to get it off my chest, out of my mind. I think I'll finish listening to the Beatles and get ready for bed. Goodnight, big world!

No comments: